Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Bucket of Puppies

As you may know if you read my blog, I have a house full of cats. Six of them, who require plenty of attention...as independent as they supposedly are.  Plus I for the next few weeks I will be taking care of six more cats.  I already have my animal hands full....

Evolución is the rescued animal shelter run by Silvia and Jill.  When we worked on the spay/neuter program earlier this year, they had 80 dogs out at the shelter in Umán.  Now they have 140!  And if they arrive by the bucketfull....wow!  We need LOTS more spay and neuter programs.  I don't know if anyone can help out with this, but the best way I can help is to spread the word.  The contact info is below.  Thanks for reading my public service announcement.


Dear Friends of Evolucion,

Today we literally received a "bucket of puppies" at the shelter (see attached photos).  They were born within hours of coming to the shelter - they all still have their umbilical cords.  The local police brought them to us and they did not know the status of the mother.

There are 7 of them and I currently have them at my house for home care, but it would be great if someone would be willing to help out.  They are cute as can be, but I promise if you take this on, you will get no sleep.  They need round the clock care for the first week - with feedings every 3 hours.  If you are interested in taking on a couple of these guys, or, even better, if you know of a female that has recently has pups and may nurse these little guys, please let me know.

Thanks so much!!!

Jill

 Jill Benson
Evolución, Albergue y Santuario
Blog:  http://www.santuarioevolucion.blogspot.com/
Website:  http://evolucion69.spaces.live.com/

bucket 'o puppies (1).jpg
bucket 'o puppies (2).jpg
bucket 'o puppies.jpg

No comments: