Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Carnaval 2012 Up Close & Personal

Yesterday was Fat Tuesday and the days and days of Carnaval and partying is done for another year.  I only attended one parade this year, on Monday to see the Regional Yucatecan theme.  I'm a terrible kid at a parade plus I drink beer there (if I'm not mistaken it's a requirement) since I don't even really like beer - but I can suck 'em up at a Carnaval parade! I stand in our 'palco' (box seats) and  lean into the street to take photos and ruin the view or chance for my compadres to get any good shots without my head or arm in the way.  I'm surprised someone would go to a parade with me TWICE.  As far as I know a good time was had by all even if I took the best angle at the shots. And drank too much beer. I was advised next time I have to sit on the far end, not the first seat blocking everyone's view.  Ok. Deal.  

Instead of posting a bunch of float pictures like I have done at length in past Carnaval posts, I'm going to just post some pics of the people in the parade. Up close and personal.
















4 comments:

Theresa in Mèrida said...

Linda, these are the best Carnaval shots ever! I loved them. Now don't you dare give up blogging for Lent.

regards,
Theresa

Linda Dorton said...

Thanks, Theresa. I'll try to get my blogging up to date.

Islagringo said...

Nice shots! Wish I could have gotten some too! LOL!

Anonymous said...

OK, I'm hooked. The guy in #11 looks fun. Do you know him?

Bob